I got this idea from my sweet blog friend Caroline. For her 100th blog post, she shared 100 things about herself. I loved the idea, so I thought I would do the same, only for my 50th blog post. So, here are 50 things you may or may not know about me...
1) I spent 3 months in Guatemala doing missions work when I was 19.
2) I've also been to Romania, Belize & London
3) I used to have my eyebrow pierced.
4) I graduated from Nursing school.
5) I never worked a single day as a Nurse.
6) I am 31 years old.
7) My birthday is June 16th (which happens to also be Caroline's b-day :)
8) My anniversary is December 18th.
9) I'm a total coffee addict (but I bet you all already knew that).
10) Before we had kids, my husband & I spent a lot of weekends backpacking.
11) We dream of one day hiking the Appalachian Trail.
12) I'm terrified of heights. Terrified.
13) I love to read.
14) The last book I read was "Same Kind of Different as Me". I cried like a baby.
15) I am currently reading "Permission to Speak Freely" by Anne Jackson.
16) I have 3 siblings. Two sisters, ages 33 & 25 and a 17 yr. old brother.
17) My children call my Dad "Grandpa Lion". I know this isn't technically about me, but it's cute. We have no idea how this started, but we love it.
18) I was homeschooled on and off until high school, when I decided I wanted to go back to public school.
19) I love music and really belt it out in the car, but no one in my family has ever heard me sing.
20) When I do sing in the car, my 3 year old says, "no no no no no! Stop singing Mommy!". That is why my family has never heard me sing.
21) I hate cold weather. Once Christmas has come & gone, I'm over it.
22) I tend to be outspoken & short tempered. Both of these things get me in trouble.
23) I talk to my mom on the phone every day. I really like her :)
24) I'm originally from Jacksonville, FL
25) No, that is not why we named our son Jackson. Yes, we have been asked that question.
26) I hate (and am really terrible at) math.
27) When I was little I wanted to be a lawyer when I "grew up". My parents said it was because I liked to argue so much. Whatever ;)
28) I'm a sucker for reality TV
29) I've never smoked anything. Not even a cigarette. Seriously. I think it's nasty.
30) I don't like Oreos. I included this because apparently this is an unbelievable fact :)
31) I really hate doing laundry. My sweet husband does most of the laundry at our house.
32) I'm a stay at home mommy, but I also work a couple evenings a week for a friend of ours who is a contractor. Office work. Not construction work ;)
33) I'm 2 1/2 years older than my husband
34) I used to have short hair. Like, really short.
35) My favorite TV show is Parenthood. I think it is one of the best shows ever.
36) I'm really tall
37) I hate to exercise
38) I love food
39) The above two are not a good combination, and are causing me to always be mad at myself for not making healthier choices
40) I'm a bit of a neat freak
41) I never go barefoot, even in my own house
42) I have lived in 14 houses
43) 3 of those houses were in the same neighborhood
44) I'm a total procrastinator
45) I often stay in my pajamas until late in the afternoon. So do my children.
46) I am a Christian
47) I love the beach
48) I love the mountains even more
49) If my husband could get a good job in a tiny little mountain town, we would live in one.
50) I am totally impressed that you made it to the end of this post :)
Wow. It's hard to come up with 50 things about yourself, and I commend you if you made it to the end. Now, how about each of you share an interesting fact about yourself. I love getting to know my readers!